- 1 Causes Of Pimples On The Nose
- 1.1 How to Get Rid Of Pimples On Nose ( Home Remedies ).
- 1.2 Treatment Of Pimples On The Nose
- 1.3 How To Prevent The Formation Of a Pimple On Nose?
Are you tired of getting ugly pimples on your nose? Nose has always been one of the most susceptible parts for getting pimples after cheeks. Why? Nose possesses sebaceous glands which help in secretion of oil on to the skin and thereby making it more likely to be the cause of acne. Also, the pore size of the nose is usually of larger size. We will be talking about how to get rid of pimples on nose in depth, By the end of this post, you will be able to cure pimples in a very easy way. Let’s move on.
Pimples have always been one of the major concerns when beauty is considered as it makes you look miserable. And everyone wants to look elegant. Pimples always make you angry when you have to go for a hangout with your friends and family members. These obstinate pimples grab a lot of attention and lower your self-confidence. These pimples take a lot of time, around more than a week to disappear and that too is not guaranteed.
Girls usually scratch a pimple, try to prick it and some even squeeze it to make it look smaller. But these actions will only worsen the situation so don’t even try it no matter how desperate you are feeling. So why not just be aware of what casual factors are there for nose acne. Let us explore the different ways through which pimples can be treated effectively. Furthermore, we have added a glimpse of the preventive measures which you could take in order to prevent the pimples on your nose.
This article will surely provide you useful information regarding the pimples on the nose. Let’s go through it!!
Pimples on the nose can occur due to multiple reasons. Pimples on nose or acne on nose occur due to the presence of bacteria called Acne vulgaris and Acne rosacea. One should know that both the bacteria can cause pimples but both of these have different sets of conditions- Acne vulgaris is present at the nose and is related to the formation of pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, and puss filled bump-like structures. On the other hand, Acne rosacea is present where there is swelling and excessive redness. It gives nose an enlarged appearance and also it can easily spread on to cheeks and other facial regions.
Let’s just discuss all the possible causes for the occurrence of acne on the nose in the following section:
Causes Of Pimples On The Nose
The agonizing pimples can appear on any part of the body and especially your nose due to the following possible reasons:
This is the most common cause of pimples in teenagers where the hormonal imbalance is quite prevalent as a part of changes in the life-span. Hormonal imbalance causes the weakening of the skin cell membrane, so, bacteria can easily affect the cells and due to this, there are ample amount of chances that the nerve endings and the tiny blood vessels which are present in the skin cells are more prone to rupturing even when the skin is slightly touched.
Blockage of pores in the nose
Due to the presence of sebaceous glands in the nose area, it always remains moist and wet. This is the perfect location for the breeding of bacteria and hence the most common cause of pimples formation. The bacteria, dirt and other harmful substances present in the skin leads to clogging of the pores on the nose, and do not allow the secretion of glands, i.e. sebum to come out. This leads to accumulation of oily secretion and sebum to remain inside the pores and an unpleasant pimple pops out. Initially the pimple is invisible but later on, it turns into a larger one which is conspicuous.
Lesser intake of water and bad eating habits such as junk food and other unhealthy and harmful substances such as drugs including alcohol, smoking etc leads to the formation of pimples. Improper diet causes the accumulation of toxins inside the skin cells and if you take the insufficient amount of water, then it will not cause flushing of toxins which in turn causes pimples on the nose.
Some people have this habit of picking their nose multiple times in a day which can be quite dangerous. It leads to a lot of problems inside the nose. It has been found out that the nerve ending present in the nose are highly sensitive and are prone to damage if it is continuously being picked by our fingers. It can cause scratches and breakdown of capillaries in the nose leading to the formation of aching pimples if not treated well.
Removal of hair
For removal of hair, some people use scissors which can cause pimples if the sharp edges lead to scratching the surface of the nose. Once trimming is done, new hair follicles start growing and cause irritation. So, the hairs have to be removed if the pimples have to be treated effectively.
There is a lot of air pollution outside in the environment which can lead to accumulation of dust and other chemical pollutants on your nose. This, in turn, will lead to pimple formation after a prolonged exposure.
Excessive antibiotic use
The overuse of antibiotics leads to pimple formation as the healing bacteria containing antibiotics interfere with the presence of good bacteria. It leads to the blockage of pores.
Use of cosmetic products
If one uses a lot of fancy cosmetic products, then there are very high chances that these can react with your hormones and creates an imbalance which in turn affect skin tissues and leads to the formation of pimples or causes acne on the nose.
You May Also Read – Cartilage Piercing Infections
How to Get Rid Of Pimples On Nose ( Home Remedies ).
There are multiple home-made remedies that are available to get rid of pimples on the nose. Keep reading!!
Lemon is known to contain acidic properties and hence is very helpful in treating pimples. It makes it look less apparent. This is a very simple remedy where you just need a cotton ball and a lemon. You just have to squeeze few drops of lemon juice on to the cotton ball and put it on the affected area over the nose just for 15 minutes. After that, you have to rinse the face with regular water and this remedy should be repeated twice a day.
An ice cube acts as an anti-inflammatory substance and hence helps in reducing swelling at the pimple region. It is also an effective remedy where you just need an ice cube and a washcloth. All you have to do is that crush the ice cubes on the washcloth and massage it over your pimples for about 20 minutes. It will make your pimple discernible.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil helps in healing of pimples but only if one has moderate acne. It contains bactericidal, fungicidal and veridical properties. It helps to prevent the scar formation also.
One has to apply the oil on the pimple and around the affected region, leave it for 10 minutes and then wash your face. You can repeat this twice or thrice in a day.
One should take care that if you have a sensitive skin type, and then dilute the tea tree oil with coconut oil or jojoba oil.
Apple Cider Vinegar
For this remedy, you have to take a cup of apple cider vinegar, an ice cube, and a cotton ball.
After cleansing, the pimple portion with water put ice on it gently and then rub the ice in a circular fashion. It will numb the skin and helps in reducing the pain. Take a cotton ball dipped in apple cider vinegar and gently dab the affected portion. This will enhance the blood circulation and helps in opening of the pores. Wash the pus coming out and pat dry.
Onion contains the acidic properties and important minerals which help in reviving the skin cells and tissues. It is also helpful in removing pus from the pimples. The oil which we are using acts as a hydrating agent and nourishes the skin cells and dries a pimple. This remedy helps in enhancing the blood circulation in the facial region.
For following this remedy, you have to devote a considerable amount of time hence it is always recommended to use this therapy for twice a week. There should be a gap of three days for repeating this.
All you need is a tablespoon of fresh onion juice, a tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil and some cotton balls.
Firstly, you have to wash your face with regular water and clean it using an antibacterial solution. Mix the onion juice with oil and keep it as it is for a minute. After doing this, take a cotton ball and dip it into the mixture, dab it on the affected portion. Also, rub it in the circular fashion around a pimple and then wash the face. This has to keep going for at least half an hour and repeat this activity twice in a week.
Papaya is considered to be miraculous and helps in curing multitudinous ailments. Papaya is a very nourishing agent and contains antioxidant properties which help in fighting infections and boost the blood circulation. It also helps in regenerating the skin cells and aids the removal of dirt and dead skin cells. Hence it is also a very famous remedy for removing pimples from the nose and all you need is one cup of mashed and fresh papaya pieces.
You just have to wash your face with regular water and after cleansing the area using antibacterial solution, you have to apply the mashed papaya over the affected region. You have to rub the portion with the papaya mash and after keeping it for half an hour, you have to wash it. This remedy should be performed at least twice in a week.
Tomatoes are best known for their antioxidant properties due to which they are considered to be very helpful for the skin purposes. All you need is a half tomato which is cut into pieces.
After washing your face with normal water and cleansing it using a solution, you have to rub the tomato on the affected area and allow the tomato juice to become dry. As soon as the tomato becomes dry, wash your face again with cold water.
There are certain free radicals which are present in the skin and these are harmful to the skin and causes infection. Tomatoes possess anti-oxidant properties which can help in getting rid of these free radicals. Also, it helps in the regeneration of the skin cells and helps in lightening the scars left. It also contains vitamins which nourish the skin. It also elevates the circulation of the blood.
Eggs are the rich source of proteins and contain a high amount of collagen and elastin. All you need is an egg and a bowl. Eggs are rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins, and enzymes which can help in fighting bacteria and the other agents causing pimples. The egg contains antifungal and antiviral properties. Also, the vitamins and proteins act as a nourishing agent for the skin cells.
To do this, you have to wash your face with the regular water and gently clean the area using any antibacterial lotion. You have to separate yolk and egg white. The egg white has to be applied on the face especially at the pimple region for around 10 minutes and then the face has to be washed with cold water. The rose water should also be used to rinse the face in order to get rid of the smell. You have to moisturize the skin by applying a cream. And this remedy has to be repeated for each day in order to get rid of the pimples on the nose.
Honey has always been used to cure skin problems and health issues. It also has medicinal properties. All you need is one cup honey, baking soda, tomatoes, and Neem leaves. All you have to do is gently wash your face using any water and then apply an antibacterial solution to clean the face. You have to prepare a mixture by adding a tablespoon of soda and tomato paste and apply on the affected portion. This process will help in the regeneration of skin cells and enhances the blood circulation.
Another process involves making a paste by adding one tablespoon of honey and baking soda and applies it to a pimple on the nose. After waiting for 10 minutes, wash the area. Do it for at least once a day.
This is a very simple remedy in which you have to just apply a little amount of toothpaste over the affected portion before going to bed. Applying toothpaste will reduce the swelling if you will see you face in the morning. This process has to be repeated on a daily basis. One should note that only white toothpaste has to be used and not the gel toothpaste and also that toothpaste is a better option as compared to that of ice.
All you have to do is prepare some cabbage juice by grinding cabbage in the grinder and then put a cotton ball into the juice, apply it on the nose for 15 minutes and repeat it for at least 20 times for each day.
Steam helps in cleansing of pores and remove microbes, bacteria and other secretions that are present on a pimple. Steam helps in opening of the pores of the skin and enhances the circulation of air on the affected region.
You just have to fill the container with hot water and once you check that the water is sufficiently warm, and then you have to wrap a towel around your face and place your face over the container so that steam can reach your face around the nose. Do it till your steam disappears. After this, wash your face. Use a soft cloth to dry your face and then after 30 minutes, apply an oil-free moisturizer on your face.
Treatment Of Pimples On The Nose
There are multiple treatment options available for the removal of pimples on your nose. Also, the procedure can be time-consuming and also, there are no real time remedies for immediately removing the pimples, so you have to keep patience. Let us look at some of the treatment options:
- One should always clean the pimple portion at least twice in a day using warm water or lukewarm water or an antibacterial solution. This will help in the removal of dirt, oil or bacteria which clog the pores of the skin cells. With the help of this cleansing formula, the area will remain clean and the pimples won’t appear again.
- You have to avoid touching the pimples using your hands as the hands are exposed to various germs and harmful microorganisms. The touching via hands will lead to the popping of pimples. It will lead to permanent scars. It might happen that you may feel like touching it due to irritation or itchiness but avoid doing it. Also, if you keep on touching the other parts of the face after touching pimples, then it may happen that the bacteria will spread to those regions also and increases the pimples all over the face.
- One can also use the antibacterial face wash for avoiding pimples. The face wash will contain antibacterial and antifungal properties which will remove all the dirt from the pores of the skin cells. Also, you can use a moisturizer of a considerably good quality to keep your face moist. There are many more substitutes for the antibacterial face wash such as the tea tree oil or other such products which works on the face in a very efficient manner. It also helps in making the pimple discernible.
- Also, one can apply ice on the pimples in order to decrease the swelling by just putting the crushed ice on the clean washcloth and applying on skin.
- Also, for the treatment, there are medications which can be used such as brimonidine which is used to reduce itchiness and swelling. There are various antibiotics which are used in order to provide immediate relief from the pimples. Isotetrinoin is used to cure the acne as it helps in shrinking the sebaceous glands but one should always consult the health provider before taking this medicine as it has serious side effects.
- Laser therapy is also used in order to reduce itchiness but that may not cause relief from acne necessarily.
- The stress reduction therapy is also used such as meditation which also helps in getting relief from inflammation.
- Also, one has to quit smoking or drinking or any other bad habits as it can lead to pus formation and leakage outside the pimples making the condition worse. Also, it may cause re-infection and severe acne on the nose and other facial regions.
How To Prevent The Formation Of a Pimple On Nose?
- One can always take precautions for preventing the pimples over the nose by knowing one’s skin type. It is always said that oily skin is more prone to getting pimples. Hence, one should make sure that he/she must always clean the nose and the whole face for the maximum time possible.
- One can also use moisturizer or lotion that is supposed to contain salicylic acid or a scrub to clean the nose as it will help clear the blocked pores.
- One should avoid inserting fingers into the nose as it will lead to damage to tiny blood vessels and ruptures those vessels which can cause bleeding and lead to infection later on. If you want to clean your nose, then you should simply take a cotton swab and gently clean your nose.
- Even when you feel like sneezing, don’t blow your nose rather does it gently.
- You should always avoid blocking the nose with cotton. Due to this, the air circulation will get blocked and the bacteria will grow inside the nose.
- If you already have some allergy or sinusitis and you are getting pimples because of this, then nasal sprays should be used or one can also use antihistamines and decongestants only after consulting your health provider. But one should make note that if this problem persists even after 3 days, then you should immediately consult your doctor for the same.
- There is always an increased risk of getting skin infection is one has a habit of smoking or drinking.
- It is also found that exposure to skin may cause skin ailments and especially pimples, hence one should always wear a sunscreen when going out as exposure to sun rays will enhance the secretion of oil on your face and it will cause blockage of pores.
- One should always wear a mask made of cotton when going outside as the outer environment is filled with dust and other chemical pollutants which could be very harmful to the skin and can trigger other allergic reactions.
- One should always use extra pillows. One should always put an extra pillow under the head when you sleep. It will help you in enhancing the breathing process by making it more comfortable for you by draining the mucus.
- One should always avoid squeezing the pimples in the nose as it can lead to further infections and increase the pain.
Also Read – How To Treat Infected Nipple Piercing
I wish the query how to get rid of pimples on the nose is resolved now. one can always follow the preventive measures in order to avoid further pimple formation and if any a pimple arises on your skin, then one can always follow the homemade remedies in order to further cure the pimples and get rid of the pimples on the nose area.